Saturday, January 13, 2007

Gavin's HERO

My Godson Gavin is 10 years old and he was to do a project in school about his hero. He chose his Granny. I thought this was very sweet. He wrote about her life and how she had cancer and lost her leg and how now her faith in God and her life within the Salvation Army has been a huge influence on his life. His granny is a huge influence on his life and I know that not only Gavin looks up to her but Aunt Jean has been an influence to me too and many others I know. This was really thought provoking for me because I wonder of one day someone will look up to me and say how I have been an influence on them. As Gavin's Godmother I need to take a look at my life and how I am dealing with situations and leading my spiritual life as I should be an example to him.

Here are a few photos of him dressed as his Granny in her Salvation Army uniform. Well done Gavin I'm proud of you, maybe with having spoken to people about your grannies faith it may be an influence on their life too..



1 comment:

littlelaughalot said...

That is so sweet! Takes a lot of guts firstly to dress up as a woman in front of his pals at school, and secondly to tell others about his gran's faith and love for God. Good for you, Gavin